Launched in 2009, American Classics Leather grew from a passion for quality craftsmanship and leather from the finest tanneries from around the world. Our Hickory, NC headquarters serves as our base of operations where more than 35 years of combined leather furniture experience are put to the test to create high quality, affordable leather furniture in a variety of timeless designs.
How We Started
After the founders spent decades entrenched in the leather furniture business, a few truths became evident. First, leather furniture available prior to American Classics Leather's launch was overpriced, outsourced, and ill-constructed. Ultimately, customers were paying more and receiving a substandard product in return.
Additionally, the materials used to create leather furniture were chosen based on the industry's desire to increase production and maximize profit. As a company, we feel that creating mass-produced leather furniture, while potentially profitable, doesn't add value to our customers' lives.
Instead, we chose to build American Classics Leather to stand out in the industry as a company focused on quality furniture products designed to last.
What Our Name Means
So, why American Classics Leather? Given our motivation for launching the company, creating the name was almost second nature. Here's what it means:
- American: We are committed to producing quality leather furniture right here at home. All of our products and materials are crafted in America.
- Classics: We carefully select our styles to be timeless statement pieces that complement a variety of themes and decor.
- Leather: The words "vinyl" and "bonded" are not in our vocabulary. All of our covers are 100% top grain aniline-dyed leather.
Our Leather Furniture: The ACL Difference
Now that you know a little more about us, let's get to the good stuff - our products. Our leather furniture stands out from the crowd because of our attention to detail and uncompromising commitment to quality. In keeping with our pledge to support America's workforce and economy, we source our leather directly from leather tanneries. Learn about our process and the work that goes into creating each piece.
American Classics Leather Furniture Craftsmanship
Our reputation is built on quality. American Classics Leather hand-selects skilled craftspeople and the finest leather to create each piece. Our furniture is:
- Crafted by hand - All of our sectionals, sofas, loveseats, and chairs are eight-way hand tied for maximum support and comfort.
- Constructed to last - All of our frames are solid wood kiln-dried, corner-blocked, screwed, glued, and doweled to improve longevity and guarantee sturdiness.
- Supple to the touch - All of our furniture is covered in 100% top grain leather.
Designed for Use
When you invest in a piece of ACL furniture, you shouldn't be worried about keeping the kids away or reserving it for your often-unused entertainment room. We design our furniture to be put to the test daily. To prove it, our product designers add the following details to enhance comfort, minimize wear, and improve function:
- Arm caps - When leather furniture is used, the first area that experiences normal wear and tear are the armrests. Our couches, loveseats, and chairs are outfitted with arm caps to minimize or eliminate this hazard.
- Spring down cushions - For us, it's not enough to look nice, our furniture must feel nice also. We use one of the softest seat cushions available on the market, the spring down cushion, which is made of high-quality blown fiber foam, coil springs, and blend down topper. We use this cushion for its longevity, stability, and comfort.
- Zipper access - Eventually you may want to replace your cushions, and we've made it easy to do that without paying an upholsterer. Each seat and back cushion features zipper access for your convenience.
Timeless Leather Furniture Direct to You
After nearly a decade serving customers regionally in North Carolina, we knew we had something special. We create stunning, affordable, high-quality leather furniture that our customers rave about to everyone they know. That's why we had to make our line of leather furniture available to everyone.
Now, you can browse our timeless designs and fall in love with luxurious leather furniture that perfectly suits your taste. Shop our online catalog to discover your next piece of forever furniture. As always, we're available and ready to answer all questions you may have. Simply contact us and one of our leather experts will be happy to assist.